Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just put new engine into 2003 Cadillac deville, low oil

Customer Question

Just put new engine into 2003 Cadillac deville, low oil pressure and crank shaft sensor lite coming on - please advise.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

A low oil pressure light on while running can mean the oil pressure sensor is bad or there is low pressure. Can you check the oil pressure?

There is not a CKP sensor warning light on the instrument cluster. Can you better explain what your seeing?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, the oil pressure sensor has been replaced, but the car is still saying oil pressure is low. Car runs very well, no problems. Also the crankshift issue was found when the car was diagnosed by hand held diagnostic tool. Does this help? We need direction to locate oil pressure issue and next steps for crankshift issue resolution. Thank you!!

For the crankshaft I will need a trouble code on that. Can you check the engine oil pressure with a gauge in place of the pressure sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will check with gauge and get you the trouble code number Thank you --

Super