FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2002 Cadillac DTS. The spedometer is jumping from

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Cadillac DTS. The spedometer is jumping from 20 to 70 when doing 40-55. Also when the car is warmed up and it is hot outside the care will accelerated up to 500-60 and then dies out and then regains power,. When it is cool outside this does
not occur so often.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is and the check electrical system is also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it to a cadillac garage and the said the only codes coming up are the ABS modlule and the pump. So we replaced these and the ABS light went out.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I would start by checking the connections at the battery and having the battery tested. Also make sure that the ground connections on the negative cable are clean and tight. It sounds like you are having a voltage issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call me?
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't do this when it is cool outside
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am not in a place where I can make a call. If you want a phone call I can opt out and allow another expert to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a rip off. You did not even answer my question and then you want to charge another 18 bucks for a call?Come on!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am not trying to charge for a call. That is an automatic response. As I said, I cannot make a call. I will opt out and allow someone else to help you.