Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2003 deville right rear door window regulator OEM replaced

Customer Question

2003 deville right rear door window regulator OEM replaced today. Tried using it after the install and found it did not operate from the main, driver's control, switch. It does go up and down using the rear door switch, however, it doesn't run smoothly up and down like it should. It moves a couple of inches and stops, push the button again and it moves a couple of inches and stops again. It does this all the way down and all the way back up. Also, the door lock is not functional using the door lock button or the remote key pad. I can hear the control module clicking each time I activate the motor from the door's switch. I've replaced many, many regulators in cadillacs, this is the first time I've seen this kind of symptom. Another thing that surprises me... I removed the master switch from the driver's door, unplugged the two leads and the rear window switch would still allow the window to operate in this jerky manner. I'm thinking the control module is defective.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other 3 window regulators and door locks work, normally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disregard calling me. I selected that option by mistake. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At 7:54 PM, today, it will be one day since I requested help with my issue. If I get no reply I would expect my $5.00, refunded. Thanks.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you have access to a scanner with data for the door modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Memoscan brand scanner. I generally use it for trouble codes. I don't think it will access door modules. I have been in the auto repairs business for 50+ years, primarily in autobody repair and painting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My scanner is a, Memoscan, Can OBD II, Model U581.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

To properly assist I will need some scan data. The list of possibilities is too long without some data.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll attach my scanner and see if I can access any information relative to the right rear door module.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Can you get access ta a scanner that has the functionality?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the name and model number of a scanner I can purchase so in the future I can better diagnose these problems and give a person like you the information you need to help?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
I would purchase an Autel DS708 here is a link to one on amazon. There are better scanners but for the money and a do it yourself person it is great and fairly inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiDAS-DS708-Automotive-Diagnostic/dp/B009JUA778/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1439156280&sr=8-3&keywords=autel+maxidas+ds708