Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Aloha I have a 2009 Cadillac SRX with a 4.6 L motor approx

Customer Question

aloha I have a 2009 Cadillac SRX with a 4.6 L motor approx 36000 miles. In late Dec 2014 the car was repo'ed by US Banks here in Honolulu, upon getting the car back, it had several problems occurring: 1st was car developed a drain on the battery I replaced battery bought a new one in Jan 2015 2nd AC stopped working relay was NOT getting charged to kick in the clutch 3rd horn stopped working 4th steering wheel controls stopped working and now engine will NOT turn over... If i activate relay meaning engage it starter turns but car doesnt start
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will add tried pulling the theft fuse to bypass that to no avail...
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir needing help car is sitting looking lonely and sad as my wife and i am needing vehicle for get around etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the ac stopped working , i diagnosed the problem to be .. relay not charging up to activate the ac clutch, so i basically wired the relay to always be closing theclutch on the ac... thus my new drain on battery when i didnot unplug the relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is kind of urgent to get our vehicle running again... mahalo ***** ***** help

I can help on these issues but we are only allowed to address one concern per question. Which would you me to help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok to put it simply i believe that the under hood fuse box is NOT energizing, thus the relays are NOT kicking in and theres my problems.... My thots... What or how does this fuse box get energized?

The fuse box under the hood is the main fuse box so most of its fuses are powered, without the input of a switch. It is directly wired to Battery. Do you need a fuse box wire diagram?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aloha Chris,
Correct the under hood fuse box is directly wired to the battery having a "positive battery jump terminal" located on it.The point i was meaning is that there are relays for 1. starter 2. fuel pump 3. cooling fans 4. ignition 5. A.C. clutch 6. horn etc...These relays need a " charge" for them to activate and function properly. Thus the horn relay should "close" when the horn button is depressed completing the circuit causing horn to sound same basic principle for the other relays i believe...the other day I did remove the underhood fuse block to test ALL the fuses and make sure all is ok.As for my experience/knowledge: I grew up on a farm in southern Iowa always something mechanical to fix but them days was a pair of plier, duct tape, wire and a knife fix damn near anything..,. Now days "computers on top of computers.by NO means an expert yet i can find my way around the vehicle and i not scare to get my hands dirty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a multi-meter more importantly i know how to use it! And i have a extensive tool collection

Can you pick one of the issues and lets get started diagnosing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why arent the relays being charged

Lets start with the easy one, the horn relay, Remove it and see if pins 30-86 are battery power. If so jump a wire from pin 30 to 87 and verify the horn works and verify pin 85 is grounded when pressing the horn.