Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Wife got in the car and turned the ignition on to check the

Customer Question

Wife got in the car and turned the ignition on to check the millage. Engine was not turned on. She then left the ignition on and got out of the car. We are now locked out of the vehicle and the door locks will not respond to the keyless unlock. Lights are on the dash and running lights in front of car. Need to get into the car to turn off the ignition switch all the way. Trunk will open.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office at just answer awaiting your reply. I operate a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you have another key? I suspect it is going to take a key to open the car