FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 rear end drive. My problem is

Customer Question

I have 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 rear end drive. My problem is every time I put the car in drive. It hits really hard from the back end.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if this happens all of the time or only after the vehicle warms up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the time
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The two most common issues are either the rear end itself has excessive wear causing too much backlash in the gears or you have an issue with the drive line joints. I would check the joints first and see if they have any play in them. If they do not then the rear differential fluid needs to be drained and checked for any metal or debris. If there is then it needs to be rebuilt. If not then you may just need to replace the fluid.