Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Locate the radio amp on a 2011 SRX Cadillac. Radio plays,

Customer Question

locate the radio amp on a 2011 SRX Cadillac. Radio plays, but no sound. Battery went dead and the battery was jumped to start the car. Radio and cd comes on, but there is no sound.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The amp that powers the speakers is mounted to the right of the drivers right foot.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I not only need the amp location, but what do you think is causing the problem? I asked about the amp location so that I could check it, but I am looking for your professional opinion as to what the problem could be that is causing the radio's sound not to come out. What do you think is or could be causing the problem? When I put a cd in there is no sound either. I have looked at some possible solutions, especially a radio anti-theft problem due to the battery going dead and having to be jumped to charge, but because the screen doesn't say "loc" or "locked" when I turn the radio on, I was wondering if it could still be a radio anti-theft problem? Or an amp problem? Basically, the only reason I sought using this venue was to have a professional give me some idea of what the problem and solution could possibly be. Help, your assistance is greatly needed!

Thanks, ***** ***** not quite sure what you needed since your post had no definite questions standing out on what was needed or what you already knew. This is not the anti theft system. Can you do the diag steps shown below? I do believe its the amp thats to blame here based on the symptoms alone.