Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

O7 sts no power steering when at stop or low speed. Fluid

Customer Question

O7 sts no power steering when at stop or low speed. Fluid was low, replaced to full drove 30 miles still hard turning at low speed. Cant turn wheel at all if completely stopped
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The most common caused for the type of problem you are having is in most cases caused by a failing power steering pump. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing starting with running a pressure test on the power steering pump as well as check for codes in the VES system. See the steps in the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Power%20steering%20Aug%202.pdf