ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

My 2007 escalade cd player not working and the radio is and

Customer Question

my 2007 escalade cd player not working and the radio is and i tried taking out fuse the people say fix there problem but didn't work for me
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

this has the CD remote or part of the radio itself ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i misplaced remote but the radio and everything else works. its just that the cd/dvd player wont play, wont eject, and the word disc is darkened in blue and not lit up white like the rest of the sections it wont respond to nothing
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

i was asking if the cd where you put the cd itself is in was right into the radio face

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cd is in the face where the navigation system is
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

can you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes the touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect the battery cables will it still not work ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would that be like taking the battery out and reconnecting if so i just replaced the battery last week. i've had this problem for about 3 years when i replaced the battery before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but its weird that the radio and everything else works except the cd/dvd player which won't due anything like some sort of program issue
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

it could very well be a programming issue as there have been many updated programs for these radio systems

try the battery thing with touching the cables after 5 minutes like i said and see if it will start to work again

if it does have the programming updated in the radio if it will not still work a scan tool needs to check and see if there are any codes in the system if no codes then try to reprogram it

if it still does not work it needs to be sent out for repairs to a d=certified radio repair shop like united radio in NY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly how do i do that your saying, disconnect both battery post pos and neg for 5 min, then touch then together for 2 min, then reconnect to battery?
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

yes that is exactly how to try the reset of the computers and radio system

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have united radio number and address in ny if it doesn't work
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

yes here it is

cut and paste this here

http://www.unitedradio.com/automotive-electronics/repair-and-remanufacturing/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried that with the battery post as well and still no results
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

the radio will have to be sent out for repairs i am sorry to say

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way i can receive the navigation system owner's manual? is there a free pdf file link that can be sent to me?
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

we do not have those on file

usually an online search or call GM 1***-***-**** customer service and see if they can send you it