Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2003 catillac cts 3.2L V6 the car wont start or

Customer Question

I have a 2003 catillac cts 3.2L V6 the car wont start or crank when ignition is turned to start, and the key wont come out of key cylinder. i turn the key to on position security light goes out as if it is ready to start but no cranking or start-up still. then after about 5minutes later service theft system shows up an security light comes on steady.
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Check to see if the brake lights are working. the brake switch is part of the interlock system and if not working can cause this.
If ok, try the 30 minute relearn procedure
30 minute GM relearn procedure:
1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).
If still no go, then this is likely a fault ignition switch itself and will need to be replaced
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have svc codes P1629, U1300,U1040,U1153,U1064,U1192 stored when cleared all codes come back after 2minutes still no start
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, the P1629 is for the theft control module, the rest are communication error messages between various control modules, with the u1300 meaning a low voltage error on the serial data lines that is used for the control module communication to each other.
This is going to require a GM tech2 scan tool to properly diagnose. If you have one, let me know and I can go thru the diagnostic steps.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks