Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

1988 cad. cimarron. dash lights flash. idle is up and down

Customer Question

1988 cad. cimarron. dash lights flash. idle is up and down cooling fan runs. i was told tail light fuse. didnt fix it ?????
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office awaiting your reply. I run a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.

Do the dash lights flash and idle coincide? Or is it 2 separate symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they coincide. it says ERROR on the dash also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts and runs. dash lights flash idle races up and down. and cooling fans come on
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Do you have voltmeter? Can you monitor battery voltage while engine is running? hopefully while it is acting up.Do you have any trouble codes?