Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Cadillac de Ville: Have a 95 De ville with northstar. The trany

Customer Question

Have a 95 De ville with northstar. The trany begin to sift starting second and would not go into overdrive. The error readout is a speed controller or sensor. Does that make sense and how much of a job is it?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.This is an electronically controlled transmission that when there is a computer related problem will go into limp mode. Starting off in second. Due to the complexity of these transmissions it will be almost impossible to help you over the internet unless you have a wide assortment of test equipment. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.