Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac Dts: How do I reset the service suspension message

Customer Question

How do I reset the service suspension message on a 2006 dts. I just replaced the compressor unit and the dash is still saying service suspension. Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Remove both battery cables, hold them together for 1 minute, then 15 minutes later reconnect them. Start the car and drive it. If the light comes on immediate or soon there after this means it is not fixed, there are still concerns and the module is storing trouble codes. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that already didn't work. The dealership told me it was the compressor unit that needed to be replaced and I did that what would you try next clearly the dealership doesn't have a clue.
To diagnose this, I would need to know which trouble code is stored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Cadillac dealer said it was the solenoid for that release the air pressure
I would need to know the code number to get to the diag steps.