FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac SRX: Worried my 2010 cadillac srx won't start the

Customer Question

Worried my 2010 cadillac srx won't start the break is rely hard and it won't start it will with the remote but can't move it
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the button lights up for the ignition when you press it. Are any warning lights coming on when trying to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i got in it this morning it said it didn't read the remote in the car all the lights started going crazy then i took the battery to get tested it was good and recharged when i put the battery back in it started the ac but the car wouldn't start i got the car to start one time with the remote started but when i try to relly start it i wouldn't let me now the remote dont work eather i heard this like ticking noise but nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And no the button don't light up
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It sounds like the battery or battery cable is bad. If they load tested the battery then hopefully it is good. It can also be. Bad battery in the remote. If you have another one see if that changes anything. If not I can have you run some tests with a voltage meter if you have one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a said already i had the battery tested and the battery was good and i have 2 remotes and they were both in the car with me when i tried getting it started
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I just mentioned this as there are times that a bad battery can test good. If the battery is good then you either have a battery cable failure or a failing ignition switch. This push button failure is common on this vehicle. Are you planning on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well how hard is this to fix and if it is the ignition switch wouldn't the remote start it and about the battery is not even 2 years old and it has a 5 year warranty on it believe me they put in the most expensive battery on it like it was chevy and cadillac was paying for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im asking these questions cause i don't know much about cars im not traying to be a smart ass
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bouth this car from a chevy dealership is still had factiry warranty abd i bough an extended warranty from chevy now do you know if these issues are covered on an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the misspelling
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If you purchased an extended warranty then definitely take the vehicle in as this should be covered. The repair is not too hard but can be expensive without the warranty. As for the remote start, it bypasses the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if it was that it should work with the remote starter right
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it were the ignition switch then in most cases the remote start would work. The remote start would then be shut down by the computer once it detects a problem with the ignition switch.