FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac SRX: Hey Bill, While I was driving to work today,

Customer Question

Hey Bill,
While I was driving to work today, my engine randomly shut off when I was parked at a stop light. It did that at every stop light. On my way home, my car said I needed stabilitrack service. Is this related? What needs to be fixed and approximately how much would it cost to fix? Any American car dealer or just Cadillac?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tina, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. This can be caused by a number of issues but the most common that would cause this would be a dirty or failing throttle body. I would recommend having this cleaned first as it may solve it. This typically costs about $100 to have done. I am sure that any shop would like to check ti first. If the throttle body needs to be replaced, it would typically run about $500. There are other possible issues but this is the most common. When an issue like this happens it will automatically turn off the stability control system. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My engine sounds really noisy when driving, is this also related to the throttle body?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If the noise is like an air sucking noise then it can be related to the throttle body or air intake. If it is a noisy clatter or ticking then it may be a timing chain issue which is a much more expensive repair.