Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham(RWD): car was running fine until

Customer Question

car was running fine until filled up with gas started running rough as pulled away from station. lost power intermittently all the way home. Took off air cleaner to look. had to keep pedal down for it to run rough. started again and idled without pedal but surged thought maybe it was some water and put air cleaner and hoses back on then it went back to running really rough and had to keep pedal down to keep running. 91 5.0 cadi
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..It sounds like you may have picked up some bad gas.. You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel...… . If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..