Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac DeVille: We have a 2000 Cadillac DeVille. We can

Customer Question

We have a 2000 Cadillac DeVille. We can not get a/c to come out of the middle vents. we can feel cool air coming out of the door,floor, and windshield vents. I say cool air, it makes it makes it barealbe on the hot days. I would not say the air is cold. The back vent when I turn it on to get it to cool the back seat shoots out hot air. We went and replaced the right ac/ door actuator that we could get to from the glove compartment. That did not seem to solve the problem. (Does the computer have to be reset after changing that?)
There has also been a clicking sound when you first start up the car coming from, we think the vent area. What else do we need to check?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  David H replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. It sounds as if you have 2 failed actuators. The actuator under the dash on the driver side will cause the vents to blow out all vents except the middle dash vents. When this actuator fails there will be a clicking noise under the dash when first starting the car. This mode door actuator is much harder to replace than the right temp. door actuator you already replaced. It requires dash removal to access and replace. The right actuator should have repaired the hot air out of rear vent problem. The a/c codes will likely need to be cleared then reset the actuator using a scan tool. The clicking noise on your mode door actuator is caused by a stripped plastic gear inside the actuator housing.