Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac Seville SLS: 97 Seville. A/C has been working fine.

Customer Question

97 Seville. A/C has been working fine. 180,000 miles.
After*****all was fine. Next morning, the A/C blows warm. No new codes (all there are in history). Fuse in engine compartment looks good. One weird thing, the blower goes off when I am driving up a hill and them immediately comes back on as soon as i hit the top of the hill. That problem has been happening for along time.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been over 4 hours since I asked my question. It must be too tough for you!
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will find another source of information if every question/step is a 12 hour ordeal. If, on the other hand, once we start we have regular back and forth communications, then I will "give you a chance". Let me know. I understand it is not your fault, but the site advertises "experts online NOW to help you".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And the "system" says that I have now been "charged" the fee, even though I have not yet had ANY answer yet?
When you go up a hill and it seems like the air flow from the dash vents stops. Can you feel the floor sn defrost vents to see if they now have air flow which indicates the mode door is changing from a loos of engine vacuum.Can you unplug the compressor and connect 2 wire there for power and ground to the battery. Does the AC now work and make cold air. This will tell us where to look next for the cause. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris