Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac Eldorado: , i have a 1998 cadillac eldorado,

Customer Question

hello, i have a 1998 cadillac eldorado, started it up and quit about 10 seconds later. Did some checks and there is no spark, rolls over and everything else works. Had the ignition control mod tested and failed test, bought new one and still no spark, checked all fuses, still checking things. I must be missing something somewhere, can you help.Thanks Brian
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The loss of spark can be caused by any of the following,Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP)Crankshaft Position (CKP) SensorICM PowerIgnition Control Module (ICM) GroundWiringIn order to determine which has failed you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20spark%20Jul%2023.pdfYou want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up shortThank you, Ron