Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Engine locked in passing gear, how to fix that/

Customer Question

engine locked in passing gear, how to fix that/
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vehicle stuck in passing gear and kept accelerating, had to puy in neutral. motor kept racing form zero to 5000 rpm. finally stopped by itself. very dangerous. some electricle issues too. lost display and trunk motor kicks in sometimes.
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
I can't make a phone call from where I am right now, but I would like to get more information about this. The display on the dash has gone dark, and the trunk pulldown... does what, exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More concerned with the car sticking in passing gear. Just mentioned electrical if related. Electrical is intermittent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the engine keeps revving when starting the car.
I'm not sure what you mean by stuck in passing gear. The transmission has four forward gears, and you should notice the 1-2,2-3, and 3-4 shifts as you accelerate. What is your transmission not doing correctly? How high is the idle when you start the car? I'm not sure if we have two separate problems or if these are related issues.