Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cadillac Escalade ESV: my 2010 escalade rear door opens halfway

Customer Question

my 2010 escalade rear door opens halfway then beeps and closes by itself rather than opening all the way. do u know why?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
These doors have scan tool diagnostics, and they operate by using a variety of different sensors to tell the computer what the door is doing. When one of these sensors does not do what is expected, the computer will stop and/or reverse the door. The first step in this diagnosis is attaching a high end scan tool, typically a dealer or high end repair shop will be necessary. I wouldn't make any repair attempt on this without at least knowing what the computer is setting for trouble codes in the liftgate module, in fact, that will probably point you in exactly the right direction.