Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Cadillac SRX: I am having a similar issue and have tried these

Customer Question

I am having a similar issue and have tried these steps minus getting the codes checked. Before cleaning the throttle body it wouldn't crank and now it tries but does not start up. If I spray starter fluid it will turn over until I stop spraying. The reduced power message shows on dash before even cranking it and no response pressing on gas while trying to get it to fire up. Any recommendations before getting it towed?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. If it runs with starting fluid sprayed in engine it sounds like you could have a fuel pump problem. I'd recommend checking fuel pressure next. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like I need a tow. I'll let the shop know and get back to you.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, keep me updated. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a bit skeptical that it's the fuel pump based on what happened just before this. My keyboard is broken so I've put in a call request.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Throttle body problems usually just cause a lack of acceleration, not a no start. The throttle body would effect airflow, not fuel. The accelerator pedal could cause loss of injector pulse but not common and fuel pressure would still be good. It sounds like you have a couple problems going on. Throttle/accelerator related problem which you will need to check diagnostic codes for and fuel problem. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions. Thanks.