Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Deville: 2003 deville fob or unlock button gas tank

Customer Question

2003 deville fob or unlock button gas tank and trunk will not work
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working. Both keys worked then all functions of the gas tank button, locks and trunks the onstar phone and all programming on panel and both keys controls quit working. Horn blows ac works car starts It worked at gas station pushed reset button for mileage then when i got home trunk wouldn't pop open had to use key
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Can I ask your first name please? With your issue, so if I understand this correctly, your gas door and trunk are intermittent or inoperative with electric releases?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inoperative was working now can't open with fob or by pushing button on main panel inside. The other key fob not working either
Ok, there is a fuse that feeds those 2 items. the Body 15 amp fuse in the rear fuse block. Check that fuse. Second, take your release button and find the relay in the rear fuse block for the trunk and the fuel door. Use the button and see if you can feel the relay click when you use the button. Let me know what you feel when doing this.