Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac SRX: I have a 2008 srx and my back locks only work

Customer Question

I have a 2008 srx and my back locks only work sometimes
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris. Would love some help!
Are you referring to the back door locks?Are they failing in the lock and unlock direction from all lock switches and the key fob?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it's just the back locks. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, both with the switches and the fob. Oftentimes, I have to crawl in the back to manually unlock or roll my back windows down to unlock.
The back door locks are controlled through the door lock relay that are controlled via the body control module. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool that can check the BCM commands? -- Previous Private Message --Sent by : muddyfordsent : 5/10/2015 at 9:56 PM You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I do. What would be a diagnostic tool that could test the BCM?
This is the same tool shops use to diagnose computer and module issues. Would you like to look over the diagrams to see how these locks are commanded through the BCM and relays?