Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Cadillac XLR: I have a Cadillac 2004 xlr with a dead battery

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac 2004 xlr with a dead battery and the doors are locked. tried the key access in the left rear bumper, turning it firmly to the right to no avail........please help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
So, basically you cannot charge the battery because you cannot open the door in order to pop the hood. Usually the positive battery post on the starter is a direct feed from the battery, so you could charge the battery by attaching a battery charger to that big cable at the starter and then once the battery is charged up enough so you can electronically open the door, pop the hood and continue charging the battery from under the hood, if it's not already charged up enough.Either that or call a lock smith to jimmy the door open, then pop the hood and charge the battery, but I would do the previous, because it doesn't cost any money, just time and labor.