Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cadillac Deville DHS: I have a 2000 Cadillac deville and my

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Cadillac deville and my a/c only blows warm when idling but as soon as I rev it gets cold.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
It's likely low on refrigerant. I'd be starting there, anyway, getting the charge up to spec and then reanalyzing the performance. It's something your local repair shop can do for $100 or less, probably.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my own repair shop. I recharged the system with 2 lbs of refrigerant and it gets nice and cold only when I rev. My fans seem fine and the blend doors as well. Can Anything else cause this?
What kind of pressure readings do you have at idle vs. 2000 rpm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently just evacuated the system to replace the a/c condenser. Hopefully changing this part will solve my problem I will let you know.
OK. It may be that you had some air in the system, too, but you're going to inadvertently repair that problem as well. Let me know if you need any more help with this, I'll be back at my desk a little later tonight and will check in on you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Tommorow I will receive another remanufactured compressor and a new condenser. There really isn't anything else that can cause this problem. I will keep you posted.
OK, I will be around this weekend. Let me know how it turns out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After all that headache, It was a defective compressor. I called up the autoparts and they sent me another one and now ac is nice and cold. Thanks anyways
Very good, thanks for the update.