Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

1999 deville: I have a 1999 Deville with AC trouble. I checked

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Deville with AC trouble. I checked and it is fuly charged, the compressor kinks in but no air comes thru the vent, bot even luke warm just nothing. Every once in a while it will kick in for a day or so but then just stop working. Any ideas?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
The duct work runs off engine vacuum. You'll need to check the vacuum supply under the hood, it tees off and goes to a reservoir that's under the battery, and it's common for this vacuum line to get damaged in the vicinity of the reservoir. When the HVAC system loses the vacuum supply, all of the internal doors close and no air comes out, this would be the first thing I would look for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jerry, I'll check that first thing tomorrow and let you know. Tim.
Sure, Tim, let me know if you find the issue, or if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jerry for you prompt answer. To be honest I am a little lost as to how to find the vacuum supply item that you say is under the hood. Perhaps, if is not too much trouble, could you send a pic' of just exactly what I should be looking for. Thanks, Tim.
Sure, here is the factory procedure for accessing the tank. You can follow the line accordingly from this, up to the engine and over to the right side of the firewall where it enters the cabin.