Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cadillac DTS L: . I own a 2010 dts. Went to drive it today,

Customer Question

Hello. I own a 2010 dts. Went to drive it today, no electric power at all...?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Did you try jump starting it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I let out "charge" for about twenty minutes. Nothing... no lights, no nothing...

OK, do you have any kind of test equipment, something that would tell us what the battery voltage is? Such as a multimeter or a test light? Even a headlight bulb with a couple of wires that we could put on the battery to see if it has any power in it at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can get a multimeter from my neighbor... I'm actually in reno, omw back to the caddy it Atlanta. Business partner was using it while I was away. I'm trying to relay info to and from him... abd he doesn't want to bother with it...

OK, understood. My first step would be putting a meter to the battery and seeing what it has in it. If it's not reading 12.6 volts or real close to that, you either need to charge it or put a new battery in it. It may not be taking a charge, if the battery is shorted internally. It may be as simple as a faulty battery, it's certainly where I'd start looking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I'll check it and get back to you. Thanks!

Certainly, let me know if you need anything else. Safe travels. :-) -Jerry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about the battery under the seat?

That's the only battery in the car. That's where you'll want to do your testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

G the light turns on "24 6"...?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2010 dts zero electrical power. Multimeter (not sure how to read it) lights up on "24/6" on battery...