Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2011 Escalade long one, Platinum, not the truck one.

Customer Question

2011 Escalade long one, Platinum, not the truck one. Stability light coming and going. Codes C0710 and C0253. How do i fix this? Thanks jack
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Have you had any recent work done to it or anything or did this just happen all of a sudden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the answer is that it's all of a sudden. I don't remember any recent work and I maintain it.
OK. Well you would know if you have done any work recently then ;)Both of these codes point to a problem in the steering wheel position sensor. Do you have a scan tool and/or multimeter do test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have both. Part of clock spring?
No. Its closer to the base of the steering column on the shaft. Looks similar to a clockspring I am attaching a diagram here showing it. If your scan tool shows the steering wheel position rotate the steering wheel side to side while watching the position on the scan tool and see if they correlate.