Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadd escalade: have a 2005 escalade blower would not work it

Customer Question

have a 2005 escalade blower would not work it would start to turn then stop I changed out the blower resistor solder the three wires and placed it back it worked for two days great then the fan made a littile sound once or twice then just stoped doesn't work any more had friend put meter on the resistor and at the fan and it is drawing back. did I short out the blower or the resistor friend is telling me now it is the control maybe.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
The control heads don't fail very often. The heavy hitters here are blower motors and blower resistor modules. Start the diagnosis again from the top. At the blower motor, do you have power and ground on the two wires? If not, which one DON'T you have out of the two?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked up the blower mother to direct current and fan turned
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late email just received it I had a death in the family.
Not a problem, I was likewise unavailable. Blower works with direct power. Good, so that means we're either missing the power or the ground at the motor connector. Use a test light to determine which of those things is missing. Both run through that resistor module, but before we make a decision about what to do, we need to find out which leg is missing.