Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Escalade: I have a friend with a 07 Cadillac escalade

Customer Question

I have a friend with a 07 Cadillac escalade they took it to a car wash and when I went to leave it would not crank, I scanned the car and found a 1682 code. All fuses are ok although many do not have power including the crank/run relay so I'm not sure what powers that circuit up which is what seems to be the problem. Ever run into this problem?
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me at(###) ###-####or email me at***@******.***
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
P1682 is telling us that one of the ignition circuits isn't getting powered up, so basically, the computer agrees with you about the voltage issue. The heavy hitter here is the PWR/TRN relay. Swap that with another identical relay in the box, and see if the truck starts. If so, you need a new relay.