Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac CTS: We have a 2005 cadillac cts. The car started

Customer Question

We have a 2005 cadillac cts. The car started out by jumping when we stepped on the brake. Almost like the anti-lock brake was engaging. Took it to the shop they replace rotars and brakes. A couple days later the car did the same thing and now the lights on the gear shifters do not light up to tell you what gear your are in and the key would not come out of the ignition. The battery died and when we jumped it, everything came on the we were able to take the key out. They are now telling us it needs a new battery, but all the forums I'm reading say this doesn't fix the problem either
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If the battery is weal and or dying on its own with out a draw then we need to replace the battery first, prior to performing diag on the other issues. Can you do that first and report back or at least have the battery tested? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris