Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Deville: I have a 96 deville I pulled the motor to

Customer Question

I have a 96 deville I pulled the motor to replace the oil pan gasket and manifold gasket now car wont start no pulse to injectors. I do get the theft system problem, car may not restart message. I can get that to clear by doing the password ***** procedure and lock unlock door 2 times. If I use starter fluid it will fire I have checked fuel pressure and it is good at fuel rail. If I let car sit over night after trying to start it will start for about 1 1/2 seconds then die. I checked and cleaned all connections to pcm and fuses replaced all fuses, no change. The accessory relay sometimes will start clicking and lights going on and off with it. The drivers window will not work all others work. I checked with a friend who is a service manager at the chevy dealership and both him and one of his mechanics said was theft system problem. Out of frustration I purchased the theft system bypass from Newrockies and installed it but get same results. I pulled all codes using the instrument panel and all were history codes. no pcm codes at all or so it says. any ideas where / what to check ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Are you still having trouble with this car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes nothing has changed was waiting for a response to see if you had any suggestions
Based on your description, it's definitely a theft deterrent issue. I know you said no codes stored in PCM... let's run down the whole list and tell me what you have stored in IPC and PZM, and the others too, while you're at it, let's just run them all down. This sounds like a potential communications fault, and the codes in other modules can point to the culprit, if that's the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the long list. only 2 current codes they are TC0073 and RS0044 believe these set after I put the bypass module in. I have NO PCM DATA and NO RFA CODES. The rest of the codes are history as follows PC CODE 0603, IP CODES 1552, 2016,2064,2152, 2710, 2750, 2780, 2255, AC CODES 2064,SD CODES 1061, 1062, TC CODES 0072, 0077, PZ CODES 1558, 2096, 2016, 2255, IR CODES 2129, 2255, 2064, 2096 again these are all history codes with the exception of the first 2.
NO PCM DATA is a problem. However, you also have a P0603, which is a PCM code. How do you get NO DATA followed by a P0603? What I suspect is that you have a loose connection. The battery cable that runs across the front of the subframe to the fuse block needs to be checked, at both ends. When I pull these engines, I remove that cable, so it would be easy to reattach it to the fuse block and just forget to tighten the nut on the connection. Likewise, the grounds on the front of the transmission need to be checked for tightness, as well as other grounds... the one at the back of the rear cylinder head is another common one that gets missed.