Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My friend has a 2003 cts and its throwing 301 303 305 cylinder

Customer Question

My friend has a 2003 cts and its throwing 301 303 305 cylinder misfire codes. I am thinking the belt jumped a tooth. The motor idles and clacks on left side at low rpm
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The left bank of coils are new, I changed the fuel filter and performed a fuel injection cleaning kit. At higher rpm it is not noticeable but at idle it is really rough
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also has new plugs and there is a bit of an oil leak, but if it was the oil it would of solved it with new plugs at least temporarily I would think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I performed the fuel injection cleaning kit and the motor was sputtering because of the cleaner the clacking in the motor was super loud, kind of worried me.
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Have you checked the compression? If not start there.