Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz: David, I'm Peter in Troy Michigan.

Customer Question

Hi David, I'm Peter in Troy Michigan. I've got a '91 Eldorado with 75k miles. my daily driver. The VATS system disallows starting and makes me wait 3 minutes. It happened a couple of times over 3 months and then immediately restarted, but the other day I had to go through 3 cycles of restarting, and its happening now every time I try to start the car.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Are you willig to do some "creative wiring" to bypass the key pellet sensor? That is probably what is preventing it from starting as it can't sense the resistor in the key. You will need an ohmeter and be able to solder to install the bypass or you can have a shop do it for about an hour labor cost. Let me know how I can help you with your question Thank you