Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Cadillac Escalade Platinum: I live in Sacramento CA and have

Customer Question

I live in Sacramento CA and have a Cadillac Escalade that the ride all of the sudden has gotten very rough. I have 65,000 miles and have not changed the shocks.
Are there service companies other than the dealer that can diagnose the problem with shocks or the air ride system and do the work reasonably with Arnott parts? If so how can I find them?
Thanks,
Terry
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.
Any good repair shop will be able to diagnose and repair your Escalade. There's no need to go to the dealer and/or buy OEM parts to repair it. I don't have a recommendation for a repair shop, but Sacramento is a big town and there are lots of fine repair shops there. When looking for a new repair shop, I advise folks to first go to AAA and look for AAA approved repair centers. Pick a few that are local to you off that list, then do some due diligence: ask your neighbors for references, check with the BBB to see if there have been complaints. Check with a local car club. Avoid chain stores like Pep Boys, Sears, etc. They don't have a good track record for this sort of diagnosis and repair. This is more specialized, you need someone that is well versed in how your truck works, and how to diagnose it. The likelihood is that you don't need shocks at all. There is probably a faulty sensor or other issue that is causing the ride to firm up, and that can be diagnosed/repaired with good equipment and good technique.