Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Cadillac Escalade: jerry fix should the truck be running

Customer Question

jerry for this fix should the truck be running or engine off when I pull the fuse and reistall it?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, thank you for visiting the site, what "fix" might that be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fix for the 2007 cadillac escalade that has a a cd /dvd player that is spinning not ejecting discs and is non functional at the moment. I have seen a response given by you where pulling the fuse reboots the system. I understand that this may or may not be the fix. My question is should the vehicle be running when I pull the fuse and should it be running when the fuse is reistalled?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, Thank you
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
I see, thanks. You will want to keep the engine off and the key off when doing that. Sometimes you may even have to unplug the system, (at the wire connector in the back) for a good 10 minutes but we always try the fuse first, thanks.
.
Just make sure that you have the code for the TDS on the radio written down before you do that.
.