Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac Deville DHS: Pete. I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville

Customer Question

Hello Pete. I have a 2002 Cadillac Deville DHS and been having some issues. Recently, my Bose radio clock started to blink and could not use the radio. A few days later, my battery was completely drained when trying to start my car. I got it jumped and it was drained the next day. Got it jumped once again and replaced the battery. The radio still blinks and am afraid of further potential battery draining issues. How would you recommend I proceed?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I still need assistance. I did get the battery replaced and pulled out the SIR and audio fuses in case the radio would still be an issue in draining the battery. Thus, far it's holding up

However, was my issue a symptom of the radio simply going bad or the old battery no longer holding a charge?

If the battery was older than 4 years it was likely on the downhill as is. The radio is faulty, that is why the radio is doing this as well as why the radio is draining the battery. The test for this is to start the car and confirm the radio is getting good power and ground at the wires, which I can show and explain but I do not feel like its needed to diagnose this with the information you posted. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris