Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cadillac Escalade: . !I'm working on a 2007

Customer Question

.
Hello!
I’m working on a 2007 Cadillac escalade
I have already installed an aftermarket bluetoothphone and lockpic
The install is completed, and all works well
I only have one last part to modify and need electrical help /wiring diagrams of the oem components
I am attempting to access the oem rear monitor
The rear monitor works normally at present
Problem is that the rear lcd screen does not stay powered on at all times
I want to access the power wire that turns on to the LCD rear screen
If I can isolate that I can run power directly to this lead and power the rear lcd screen
I have also already isolated a 12v power source to power the rear lcd screen, and I have already isolated the video leads to the rear monitor
I therefore need to find the wire powers the rear LCD screen so that I can tap into that with a separate power lead and control powering the rear monitor myself
Thanks for your help!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Below in the link is a diagram of the connector for the rear monitor/dvd screen.Copy and paste it to view it in another web page or web tab.If this does not help or is not what you are looking for here let me know.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1wfslljnlu2zgu/dvd-07-06.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for answering Pete!
To be clear, I’m trying to access the rear overhead LCD monitor whenever I choose. I have isolated the video input leads from the front that lead to the rear LCD, and now I just need to powerup the rear LCD separately. I plan to hardwire the power lead to a single pole switch located in the front so that I can ‘powerup’ the rear lcd whnenever I choose. I have already located the sound and video leads that go to the rear monitor- so the rear LCD only needs power for this to work
I saw your picture, but I was hoping to find the power lead from the headunit in the center counsel entertainment system /dashboard that leads to the LED monitor in the rear on the ceiling for the 2nd seat passengers. This way I could apply power to that lead to turn on the rear monitor (otherwise I'd need to run a separate power lead all the way to the monitor from the front, up the A pillar, and then under the headliner).
I have already found the video / audio leads that run to the rear monitor (I found them in the center counsel behind the main headunit / dashboard that lead to the rear LCD) so i was hoping that there is also a power lead from the front area that leads to the rear LCD screen to power it up / turn it on.
Fyi: there is a 'power' button for the rear passengers to turn on the rear LCD screen, but from what I can tell it will only turn the rear monitor on when 'aux' is chosen on the main entertainment screen in the front.Thanks again for responding - any ideas are appreciated!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete