Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac Eldorado convertable: i have a &^ eldorado convertible

Customer Question

i have a &^ eldorado convertible with 14K miles, mint shape. that said i have 2 things that need repair 1, the read disc brakes have a terrible rattle at slow speeds on rough roads, investigation tells me this was a manufacture defect, is there a way to fix this rattle? when the brakes are applied the noise or rattle stops. @ i have a slight wabble or shudder that starts @ 30 mph and again at higher speeds, i feel this is coming from the drive line, you can also feel this vibration when letting off the gas, i had king pins, idler arm ect done but it is still there, it is not severe and i ghave had others look at it only to say this was how these old front wheel drives worked. in short i have a prime car and i want these things perfected. can you help? thx Ray
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes I am still looking for answers to my questions.Thx
This rattle noise is likely the pads or caliper brackets sloppy and causing this noise. Can you see if any hardware that holds the pads snug is broken or missing?This vibration, does it effect the steering wheel, if so then for sure suspect a steering linkage or alignment issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the rear brakes completely replaced and reviewed, if you look this up on a caddy forum you will find that this brake rattle was inherent from production, but apparently there is an after market fix? The front end wabble or vibration starts exactly at 30mph, you can feel it as you accelerate up through 30mph, and starts again at 60+, you feel very little thought the steering wheel. It feel drive train related, I have balanced tires, replaced idler arm, and kig pins
I do not have anything else I feel would be beneficial. Would you like to try another tech?