FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS and sometimes when I'm on long trips

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS and sometimes when I'm on long trips the ac stops cooling. It still blows air just not cool air. I've had the freon checked And it's fully charged and system has no leaks. My wife told me last night that while idling for about 5 minutes it did the same it went from blowing cold to blowing hot air. I appreciate your help. Thx
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Do you happen to know if there have been any other warning lights that have come on when this occurs or if the coolant shows hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning lights and the coolant temp is good.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Have you noticed if the a/c compressor turns off when this occurs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I haven't noticed it but I didn't look or listen for it though. That's something I can check for next time it happens. It doesnt seem to do it when you take short trips only when you have been driving awhile.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
It would be nice to know if this is happening as it will let us know of which direction to go in with testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I haven't been able to get back to you I have been on vacation. We don't drive the car very much it's a third vehicle so we haven't been driving it, so to answer your question I don't know. We have drove it some but when we have we haven't experienced the problem again while driving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about trying to get me an answer about the car a/c. I went ahead and traded it in for another vehicle anyway.thx
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me know. If you need anything else in future please let me know.