Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac Eldorado: 1995 Eldorado north star 4.6 engine starts

Customer Question

1995 Eldorado north star 4.6 engine starts cold idles but when reved up it dies and will not start when hot
just changed fuel pump no change
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine what is failing there are a few things that you need to check when the engine will not start, in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (32 to 38 PSI) . If you can check each on of these and post back with which one you are lacking when it will not start we can work from there to determine the cause.