FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac CTS: I have a 05cadillac CTS and it have a bad miss

Customer Question

I have a 05cadillac CTS and it have a bad miss fire could it be the fuel injection
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. A misfire could definitely be caused by a fuel injector that is failing or even a weak fuel pump. It really depends on the misfire that you are getting and when it is occurring. It can even be an internal engine issue. Is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the check lights on it miss fire bad with the air on but I did get the plugs and wire changed
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If the plugs and wires were changed and that did not fix it then it may be fuel related. Since the check engine light is on it would be best to know what the codes are so we can see if it is more than one cylinder causing the issue. Most auto parts stores will scan the computer for free. If you have this done bring me the codes and I will tell you what is going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the shop said that it could be the injection so hopefully that will kill the problem once I get that fix
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
They should have scanned the computer for codes before replacing anything just to see what was going on. Did they happen to give you any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the codes ..p0430 P0451
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for those. Neither of these will cause the misfire, but the misfire will cause the 430 code which is a failure in the catalytic converter. This will in turn cause a loss of engine power. The 451 code it is a fuel tank pressure sensor issue, but it will not cause it either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So could u tell what could cause the miss fire???
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Since there is not a misfire code a cylinder balance test would need to be done or a computer scan tool needs to be installed to see what the fuel trim readings are when the engine is running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks so much im taking it to the dealer ship Monday and I'll tell them before they started any work....
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If you need anything else let me know. Please rate when you have time also. Thank you and have a great rest of your weekend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the temp gage move just what that mean
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
What is the temperature gauge doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some time it move over just a little...