FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac CTS: Having issues with my 08 cadillac cts the left

Customer Question

Having issues with my 08 cadillac cts the left turn signals stopped working. Im also not getting the indicator on the dash. Hazards are working fine. Checked rear fuzes and relay which all seem to be fine. I also removed the turn signal lever/ and checked continuity and all that checked out fine
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Can you tell me if the brake light on the left side are fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the break lights are fine
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou. Just so I can make sure that I have the correct schematic, is your car a V6 or V8 model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi bobby i was wondering if you received my last message about my cts being a v6
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
I did get it. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I would recommend testing for voltage at the turn signal lever connector. With everything hooked up see if there is power at the light blue wire when the switch is turned to the left. If there is not then the switch is bad. If it does then you more than likely have a failure in the body control module, this is assuming that nothing on the left side turn signals work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran a check on the lever/switch itself it was the second or third pin cant remeber but when i flipped the lever to make the right signal we had current and also to the left. I didn't test the harness itself but i did see the light blue and white wire. If there is voltage then i am assuming it is ok. Where is the body control module?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct on the test. As for the module it is located under the driver side of the dash on the side of the center console. See if the connections there are clean and tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just for reference what BCM number is ***** I see here that there are about 6 of them which all have a fuse in the engine compartment
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
The BCM is a single module that contains many circuits. That is why there are a lot of fuses for it.