Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac xlr-v: I am trying to load a navigation disc into

Customer Question

I am trying to load a navigation disc into the DVD player on my 2006 Xlr v the tilt button does not work nothing opens nor can I get a CD to go into the CD player it sounds like it's rotating but nothing accepts or rejects out of it
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.There are Cadillac "Updates" via Dealer Scan Tool & GM Computer that should be done for your Unit, but this sounds like CD Mechanism or Logic Circuit Failure, which means the CD Mechanism needs repaired / replaced.Apprx $265.00 - 345.00 depending on Shop & Parts.Normally the complete Mechanism is replaced .IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.