Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Cadillac Escalade: my name is ***** ***** have a

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** have a Cadillac escalade 2002 , have an account problem last summer ac stop blowing cold air....the compressor still works because I turns on and stays on when I have the ac turned on....I trid to charge it but it wouldn't take so I'm stuck......can you help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jermaine and thanks for requesting me to answer you question.
Well, without connecting pressure gauges to the system it is hard to say what is going with your A/C system, but we can check some basic things anyway.
You will need to feel ( touch feel) the A/C accumulator and low pressure lines connected to it when the engine is running and A/C compressor is ON.
If you system is properly charged and all refrigerant related components are OK, then the low pressure tubes and A/C accumulator must be really icy cold to touch.
If they are cold, but air coming out of the vents is not cold, then you have a problem with air distribution and it could be caused by a blend door ( air temp door) actuator.
If the a/c accumulator is not cold, but compressor is running, then it could be caused by number of reasons like: system undercharged, air passage across a/c condenser is blocked or engine fan is not working, a/c compressor internal failure etc. Without seeing low and high side pressure it is just guessing.
Please let me know about your findings.
If