Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Cadillac Escalade: My 03 escalade is blowing cold air on driver

Customer Question

My 03 escalade is blowing cold air on driver side and hot air on the passenger side
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Try to do a calibration first. A lot of times that will fix it.Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.Start the vehicle.Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.Let me know if that doesnt help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didnt work
OK. Can you control the temperature on either side or is the driver side stuck cold and the passenger side stuck hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes can control temperature on driver side. Dont know about passenger side, it stays hot no matter the setting
OK. That would indicate that the passenger side blend door actuator is probably bad.Do you have tools to test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont, but can get them
OK. Start by checking the wiring harness according to the attached TSB. If the harness is good we need to check the voltages at the actuator and test the actuator manually.1. Test for 12 volts on the Brown wire at the passenger side temperature actuator. 2. Test for 5 volts on the Light Blue and Black wire. 3. Test for ground on the Yellow wire. 4. Jumper the White and Black wire to the Yellow wire. The actuator should move one direction. 5. Jumper the White and Black wire to the Light Blue and Black wire. The actuator should move the other direction. 6. If the actuator does not move and the voltages were correct, the actuator is defective.
Let me know what happens here and we can move on if needed.