Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

Cadillac Deville: Need to remove rear door panel to see why

Customer Question

Need to remove rear door panel to see why window doesn't work hear motor working
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...When removing the rear door panel, there is a special tool, Zip Clip Removal Tool (aka "Trim Panel Removal Tool"), that will aid in the panel removal and reduce the risk of breaking any retainer clips. You can usually rent this tool from most local big-chain parts stores. If you do happen to break a retainer clip, no worries, there are replacement clips available at the parts store. For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up the procedure to remove the door panel into a PDF file. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). Please do the right thing and remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept.