Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Cadillac CTS: 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter NEED TO REST STABILIY

Customer Question

2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter NEED TO REST STABILIY TRACK SENSOR HAS BEEN CHANGED.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to be able to help you can you tell me what the fault code was that you where getting which lead you to replace the sensor and what senor was it that you replaced. If the system is actually repair the system should reset on its own. You can also disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes and this will clear all codes. If the light and or message returns then that means there is still a problem with the system. If that is the case, get me the fault codes and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fault code is c0050 Right Rear wheel sensor
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The code C0050 indicates the RR sensor circuit is shorted to ground and if the new sensor is nor defective then you are going to need to do some more testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/C0050%20Jun%2018.pdf