Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have a 2003 CTS that is leaking antifreeze from the back

Customer Question

I have a 2003 CTS that is leaking antifreeze from the back side of engine on driver side. Its not smoking, oil is clean, it is not running hot. A mechanic told me its an external leak from hg. Not sure if I should trust him. What do you think.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
From your description it sounds like the crossover pipe that connects the heads. Coolant leaks from these seals down the back side of engine on driver side. There are four seals on the crossover pipe that are common for leaks. The link below is a diagram of the crossover pipe in between the cylinder heads with the intake manifold removed.
Coolant Crossover Pipe
http://tinyurl.com/p2vn6pe
The best way to check the system for leaks is to add dye to the cooling system and use a black light to check for leaks. When checking the coolant crossover between the heads for leaks make sure to check the oil cooler cover. It's also under the intake manifold.
I'm a member of a society of professional automotive technicians. If you need a mechanic let me know your zip and I'll check for reputable shops in your area.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. My zip code is 42301.

Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Give me a little bit and I'll put together a list of shops.
Thanks.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
These shops should have no problems with coolant leaks on your Cadillac. All three are within 5 miles of 42301.
Mattingly's Automotive Repair, Inc. *****
Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
Phone:(###) ###-####
Tucker's Auto Repair *****
Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
Phone:(###) ###-####
Import Automotive Inc. *****
Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
Phone:(###) ###-####
Let me know how this works out for you.
Thanks so much.